New Belgium’s Biere de Mars is back and is as wonderful as ever. This was a seasonal release a few years back and now they are re-releasing it as part of their Lips of Faith series. I was lucky enough to sample this great beer last week at the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins. The Biere de Mars was my favorite seasonal beer that New Belgium use to produce and was very happy when I heard that it was coming back. This is a fantastic refreshing spring beer with lemon and mango flavors. The beer pours a golden orange with a small white head. The beer is lightly carbonated with a smooth creamy mouthfeel with a nice dry finish. The predominant flavors in this beer are citrus notes with a nice Belgium yeast flavor. This beer as also bottle conditioned with a wild yeast strain (Brettanomyces) that imparts a nice sour flavor on the palette. Biere de Mars is available on tap and in bottles through the breweries Lips of Faith program and hopefully available soon out here in the Bay Area. I hope that everyone gets a chance to try this fantastic beer.
- Beer of the Week: Napa Smith Brewing Lost Dog
- Another Update On the Federal Tax Increase on Beer
- Beer of the Week: He’Brew Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A.
- Beer Events of the Week
- Beer of the Week: Russian River Pliny the Elder
- Meet the Brewer at Rouges in SF
- Beer of the Week: Full Sail Slipknot
- Update on the Federal Tax Increase on Beer
- MateVeza Yerba Mate Ale Tasting
- Beer of the Week: Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere