The beer of the week is He’Brew Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A. by Shmaltz Brewing. This beer is a double IPA made with rye malt. Rye is one of my favorite ingredients that is being used a lot more these days. This beer is aggressively hoped and comes in at 10% abv. The RIPA pours a deep red almost caramel color with a large frothy head the dissipates down to a very thin layer. The aroma from this beer is sweet with a noticeable hop and rye with just a hint of alcohol. The first thing that you notice about the beer is it has a very strong malt character. Then you get that nice spicy rye flavor and the finish is all hops. There is just the slightest of of alcohol flavor. The beer is sweet and biter at the same time as the name would lead you to believe. The beer has a very smooth and creamy mouthfeel with just a little carbonation to offset it. I really like this beer but I wish they would also make an IPA version of this beer that could bring out the great rye and hop flavors of this beer. This beer is availible in 22oz bottles and on tap if you can find it. This is a great summer night cap beer.
- Beer of the Week: Napa Smith Brewing Lost Dog
- Another Update On the Federal Tax Increase on Beer
- Beer of the Week: He’Brew Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A.
- Beer Events of the Week
- Beer of the Week: Russian River Pliny the Elder
- Meet the Brewer at Rouges in SF
- Beer of the Week: Full Sail Slipknot
- Update on the Federal Tax Increase on Beer
- MateVeza Yerba Mate Ale Tasting
- Beer of the Week: Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere